ALASSIO EXPLORERS & INSTAGRAM LOVERS
A day focused on adventure in the hinterland of Alassio, to discover breathtaking views, the thousand-year-old cultivation of the olive tree and scenic gardens.
Combination of two/three activities to choose from:
• E-bike tour in the Bay of Alassio: scenic tour accessible to all thanks to the most modern e-bikes. After leaving the town behind, climbing towards the hill in a westerly direction offers a breathtaking view of the sea and the bay. Continue climbing towards Our Lady of the Guard, the highest point of the Cycleway and the most picturesque. Enjoy a view that sweeps from the Ligurian Alps, with peaks of more than 2600 m, to the blue sea. The descent starts here, crossing regione Cavia to reach the Church of Santa Croce with its romantic belvedere which overlooks the port and Gallinara island. An unforgettable view which simply begs to be photographed.
• Trekking in the Bay between flowers and wild herbs: Setting off along an easy dirt road characterised by an adventurous route, full of scents and colours among the cistus, mastic trees and brooms, we will enjoy the magnificent view of the Baia del Sole. A highly scenic route for the views that will slowly open up on the profile of the most characteristic and highest peaks of the Ligurian Alps, to reach Poggio Brea. We will travel the outbound route in reverse until we return to the remains of the picturesque church and from there descend to the station along an ancient and shaded mule track. Along the route we will go in search not only of edible plants, but also discover the unique scents and uses of the shrubs typical of the Mediterranean maquis.
• Along the Via Augusta : A guided walk, easy and carefree, along the ancient Roman Via Iulia Augusta. Alassio is approximately two and a half hours from Albenga, along a mix of easy stretches of trail, dirt roads and paved roads.
• Visit a mill: visit an ancient oil mill to learn how the gold of the Mediterranean is obtained, its thousand-year history and its cultivation. Possibility of visits to the olive groves and participate in the olive harvest in season (October/November).
• The Gardens of Villa La Pergola: The Gardens of Villa della Pergola, created at the end of the 19th century in a unique position facing the sea, offer a unique opportunity to appreciate the typical Mediterranean vegetation together with rare exotic flora. The landscape architect Paolo Pejrone handled the important and detailed restoration of the 22 thousand square metres of the Gardens. Special attention has been dedicated to the recovery, conservation and enrichment of the blooms which feature ivy and agapanthus. (March to October).
• Dinner in Osteria: ideal conclusion of a day spent discovering Alassio and its hinterland, a dinner for two people in an osteria in the heart of the historical centre of Alassio where the visitor can enjoy the dishes of Ligurian tradition. The dinner will be accompanied by live music played rigorously acoustically with the greatest hits of the singer-songwriter poets of Liguria.
from 01/04/2024 to 15/10/2024
Price per person from:
€ 50,00 (groups of 2 pax)
The price includes:
Two activities to choose from those proposed. Possibility to combine with 3 experiences the price is variable and depends on the combination of chosen activities.
The price does not include:
Transfers, meals and anything not included in the programmes of the single activities